OZONE BUZZ Z7
The new Buzz Z7 retains all of the legendary ease of use and high passive safety of the Buzz series, with the addition of the latest tech gleaned from our continuous R&D efforts.
- New planform with increased wing sweep for improved roll stability
- New rib alignment for improved airflow and efficiency.
- New tab positioning improves stability in accelerated flight.
- New leading edge construction with more reinforcement and cleaner profile.
- New line rigging for improved load-distribution to increase agility.
- New panel shaping in the trailing edge for improved handling and brake response.
All of these refinements have improved flight characteristics and performance. The first thing you will notice is a more linear and direct response in the brakes and the resulting increase in agility and precision of handling. Top speed has also been increased, and glide performance improved throughout the accelerator range.
This category of wing is highly important to us as it serves such a wide range of pilots, and the Z7 is the most efficient wing we have ever produced in its "True B" class. It is designed for pilots who want a fun and capable XC wing with the best passive safety available at this level.
The sail is constructed from the same materials for an ideal blend of durability and lightness, and the lower lines are now fully sheathed and colour-coordinated for ease of use and reliability on launch. Our new risers also make launch prep simpler, and flight more comfortable.
The sail weight is unchanged, still light enough to retain excellent inflation characteristics in all conditions. The leading edge has received particular attention in the design process with new reinforcements which increase solidity in the nose throughout the speed range. This new reinforcement also has the effect of eliminating flutter at top speed, and makes the wing more efficient when flown accelerated.
The Z7 is aimed at pilots who fly 30 to 50 hours a year and who are looking for a dependable wing for their first cross country flights with high levels of passive safety.
|Number of cells||48||48||48||48||48||48|
|Projected area (m2)||18.6||20.3||21.6||23||24.4||26.3|
|Flat Area (m^2)||22.1||24.1||25.7||27.3||29||31.2|
|Projected Span (m)||8.21||8.58||8.85||9.12||9.4||9.76|
|Flat Span (m)||10.67||11.14||11.5||11.85||12.21||12.68|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||3.62||3.62||3.62||3.62||3.62||3.62|
|Flat Aspect Ratio||5.15||5.15||5.15||5.15||5.15||5.15|
|Root Chord (m)||2.61||2.73||2.82||2.91||2.99||3.11|
|Glider Weight (kg)||4.36||4.66||4.9||5.12||5.43||5.74|
|Certified Weight Range (kg)||55-70||65-85||75-95||85-105||95-115||110-130|
|Recommended Flying Weight (kg)||60-70||70-84||82-94||90-104||100-114||112-128|
* Weights may vary up to 50gm per size due to slight variations in the manufacturing of the fabric used.
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D
- Bottom Surface Cloth: Dominico N20D
- Rib cloth: Porcher 9017 E29 (hard)
- Upper lines: Edelrid 8001 series
- Mid lines: Edelrid 8001 series
- Lower Lines: Liros PPSL / PPSLs
Your OZONE wing is delivered standard with the following accessories:
Inner Bag, Glider Strap, OZONE Stickers, Repair Cloth and OZONE Keyring.
You may choose to add something to your order, such as: Saucisse Bag (concertina packing bag), Glider Backpack, Easy Bag (quick stuff sack), or OZONE Clothing and Accessories.