SUPAIR STRIKE 2
AND HIKE & FLY
Lightness, precision and safety are the key words of the STRIKE 2. It is the worthy heir to our long experience in hike and flight harnesses, especially in competition. The STRIKE 2 is the result of our STRIKE X Alps 2019 and has the same main features as our STRIKE 1.
Compared to the STRIKE 1, it is more ergonomic, more comfortable and more flexible thanks in particular to an inflatable protection ( option ). It is designed forcompetition and leisure hike and fly pilots. It can also be the main harness for cross country pilots looking for lightness.
Ease of installation and safety with the closing of the harness on the two attachment points of the glider. The harness opens completely and closing is done directly on the carabiners without any other buckle and on only two points.
The new geometry allows better transmission from the wing to the pilot, thin and sensitive, adjustable by the chest strap.
The comfort is complete with a removable comfort plate, and a geometry of the speedbag attachments that allows a natural and effortless position of the legs.
As an option, a new certified inflatable protection saves weight (65g) and especially the volume carried in the bag. Ideal for competitive hike and fly.
For landings in mountains or in turbulence, the harness can be piloted seated, legs bent, it remains manoeuvrable and comfortable.
On take-off, the run is easy (light harness with leg straps), the seated passage and the installation in the speedbag are obvious.
In flight, the adjustments and geometry of the harness allow adaptations to the morphology and flight positions of each pilot.
The STRIKE 2 has been designed to be flown with dyneema connectors as well. This lightens the material and makes the leg straps fixed as for the X-Alps harness. You will then have to put on the harness like a climbing harness. This is the “competition” mode.
CONFIGURATION SELON VOS EXIGENCES :
COMPETITION MODE : 1947 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
In this mode, the wing is attached with the connects (option), the harness is put on through the two leg straps. The back protector is the inflatable BUMP (Option). The pilot does not use the removable comfort plate or the mini-seat plate.
MODE LIGHT : 1998 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
STANDARD MODE : 2220 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners. The back protection is the original foam version. The pilot does not use removable comfort plate
GREAT COMFORT MODE: 2400 g (Size M, fully equipped, with speed bar and dyneema risers, ready to fly).
In this mode the harness opens and closes completely on the Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners. The back protector is the original foam version. The pilot installs the the removable comfort plate for added comfort.
COMPARED TO STRIKE 1 :
- New closure system, without buckle, directly in the carabiners. No need to put on the right leg as on the STRIKE 1, while keeping the safety of the natural two-point closure. Only one point closed: the harness is secure.
- The Strike 2’s new geometry transmits information to the pilot better and gives a more precise handling than the Strike 1.
- The riser sheath of the parachute bag is fully integrated: the risers are in the sheath all the way into the bag.
- New geometry of the speedbag settings. The legs are supported in flight.
- New geometry of the harness allowing a more reclined flight position, with a center of gravity further back .
- The harness is more resistant: certified up to 120 kg instead of 100 kg . Reinforcements on the reserve parachute riser attachments.
- Sizes revised with addition of size XL. This allows pilots from 1m60 to 2m to be covered with precision and a good fit.
The STRIKE 2 is a very light harness. It has been reinforced compared to the STRIKE 1, however all uses outside the flight domain are liable to wear out the harness prematurely. SIVs are not recommended with this harness.
The STRIKE 2 is a harness intended for experienced pilots, and we do not recommend it as a first cocoon harness.
Hike & Fly competition
Upright to semi-reclined posture
For skilled and advanced pilots
Bumpair Strike 2
Front mounted rescue container and riser parachute connections to the shoulders
Auto-stable Split-Leg seat
2-point closure of the harness on the carabiners
Grivel PLUME WIRE LOCK K3L carabiners
GEAR / COMFORT
Removable confort plate
Removable carbon fiber mini-seat plate
Double stage light speed-bar/accelerator adapted to the Speedbag
Speedbag footrests with carbon plate
Instrument support on the top of the reserve parachute container
Pre-equipped for hydration system
20 mm diameter Zelden pulleys.
Dorsal storage pocket
Speedbag lateral pocket
Storage pocket under the front of the seat ( it is not advisable to use this pocket to receive a weight greater than 3 kilos )
Pocket under the cockpit
Shoulder straps adjustments
Chest strap adjustments
Backrest adjustments with additional lumbar support
Speedbag length adjustments
Speedbag inclination adjustments
Nylon 210D Ripstop
A - RESCUE PARACHUTE POCKET
B - STORAGE BACK POCKET
C - BUMP
COMPARED TO STRIKE 1:
- New closing system, without loops, directly in the carabiners. No need to put on the right leg as on the STRIKE 1, while keeping the natural anti-forgetting security with two closing points. Only one point closed: harness is secure.
- The Strike 2's new seat geometry transmits information to the pilot better and gives a more precise steering than the Strike 1.
- The riser sheath of the parachute pocket is fully integrated: the risers are in the sheath all the way to the inside of the bag.
- New geometry of the speedbag settings. The legs are supported in flight.
- New geometry of the harness allowing a more recumbent flight , with a receding center.
- The harness is more resistant: approved for 120 kg instead of 100 kg. Reinforcements on the emergency riser attachments.
- Revised size with the addition of the XL size. This allows for accurate coverage and a good fit for pilots from 5'10" to 6'10"...
The STRIKE 2 is a very light harness . It has been strengthened compared to the STRIKE 1, however any use outside of the flight range is likely to wear out the harness prematurely. SIVs are not recommended with this harness.
The STRIKE 2 is a harness for experienced pilots, and we do not recommend it as a first pod harness.
RESCUE PARACHUTE INSTALLATION
You will find on the following link an information note on the installation of rescue parachute in Strike 2.
Download the note
|PILOT HEIGHT (CM)||155/170||165 /185||175 /195||185-205|
|PILOT WEIGHT (MIN - MAX) (KG)||50 - 80||60 - 85||70 - 110||80-120|
|WEIGHT OF THE HARNESS (HIGH COMFORT MODE) (G)||2300||2400||2500||2545|
|A - BACK HEIGHT (CM)||58||65||68||72|
|B - HEIGHT OF THE BACKREST TILT ADJUSTMENT (CM)||34,5||36,5||39||41|
|C - SEAT DEPTH (CM)||45||45||47||47|
|D - SEAT WIDTH (CM)||33||33||35||35|
|E - HEIGHT OF ATTACHMENT POINTS (CM)||40||40||42||44|
|F - DISTANCE BETWEEN ATTACHMENT POINTS (CM)||38-46||38-46||40-48||40-48|
|G - SPEEDBAG LENGTH (CM)||91||96||103||108|
|HOMOLOGATION||EN 1651: 1999||EN 1651: 1999||EN 1651: 1999||EN 1651: 1999|
|MAXIMUM VOLUME OF PARACHUTE BAG ( LITRES)||4,5 L||4,5 L||4,75 L||4,75 L|
|WEIGHT (IN GRAMS) ACCORDING TO MODE||S||M||L||XL|
|COMFORT MODE (AS DELIVERED)||2300||2400||2500||2545|
|COMPETITION||LIGHT||STANDARD||COMFORT (AS DELIVERED)|
|Inflatable BUMP (optional)||Inflatable BUMP (optional)||BUMP Standard||BUMP standard|
|Connect (optional)||Carabiners Grivel||Carabiners Grivel||Carabiners Grivel|
|Speed bar||Speed bar||plate under Seat||plate under Seat|
|Dyneema rescue lifts||Dyneema rescue lifts||Speed bar||Back comfort plate|
|Dyneema rescue lifts||Speed bar|
|Dyneema rescue lifts|
|In this mode, the harness is inserted into the legstraps, no seatplates and inflatable BUMP option.||In this mode, the harness opens fully, no seatplates and inflatable BUMP option.||In this mode, the harness opens completely, controlled by the seatplates. The BUMP is the one delivered with the harness.||In this mode, the harness opens completely, piloting with the seatplates. The BUMP is the one delivered with the harness. The back support is reinforced for a great in-flight comfort.|
The size of the STRIKE 2 has been revised compared to the STRIKE 1, with the addition of the XL size, approved up to 120 kg. This allows for accurate coverage and a good fit for pilots from 1.60m to 2m.
Size M is larger than on the STRIKE 1. Please refer to the size chart, if in doubt, please contact us.